How To Buy A Dog Carrier
Buying a dog carrier is not an easy thing. There are lots of criteria that you should keep in my before you do it. As the dog carrier is not just a piece of convenience to you but it is something greater to your dog. It is where he is going to be while you take him along so it is of great need that you choose it wisely.
Things to remember while buying a pet carrier
Here are certain points to keep in mind while you go to buy a dog carrier or when you get it home:-
- Durability and the material with which the carrier is made should definitely be checked. You should see if the material is strong enough to hold your dog and all the scratching and chewing that it might do to it while being inside. You should see if the material would be comfortable for the dog.
- Know the airport rules– If you are buying it for the purpose of carrying your dog in a plane and all inside the airport, you should know what are the rules and regulation or the specification declared regarding this by the airport authority. There are rules regarding how you should carry your pet to the airport and inside the plane and how the carrier should be like.
- Buy the carrier well before travel– While you bring the carrier home, let your dog get used to it. Let it not be a strange experience for it. And do not try to just fill in your dog in it immediately and head towards your journey. Let your dog get into its habit and let it get comfortable.
- Ensure that the bag has enough passage for breathing and ventilation. Also check if the peep hole is perfect for the head of your dog.
- Know the size and weight of your pet– As there are number of shapes and size of dogs so is the availability of these carriers also. Make sure that you take a carrier which is one size bigger for your dog size. This will give your dog enough room to adjust according to its own needs.
- Go for wheeled carriers– It is always advisable that you look for a carrier that can be dragged on wheel as well because after a while it gets difficult for you to continue carrying your dog and you would need to drag him along.
- Always consider two kinds of carriers in option and see which type is more comfortable for the dog. So buy two, if it is the first time you are buying.
For further information on anything about dog carriers, have a look at this website yourdogisworthittoo.com.